Many women will notice that their strands are thinning by the time they reach middle age. This can happen for many reasons but regardless of the reason, it is important to begin treatment as soon as possible. Before you start your hunt for the best possible remedies in the market, make sure you do your bit at home. There are a number of tonics that can be prepared at home. Here are some of the home remedies that can promote hair growth:
- Using steam on your hair is also said to be a good way of hair loss prevention. Dip a towel into hot water, squeeze out the excess and wrap it on your hair. Leave it on the hair till the towel becomes cold and then repeat the process for ten minutes. Do not forget to have a oil massage, before using steam.
- This was originally used by some Egyptians to moisturize their scalp. It has been utilized for centuries to clean and unclog the scalp. From the plant, cut a piece of aloe and squeeze the part to your scalp directly. You have to leave it on your hair for about five to ten minutes. Since raw aloe vera is sticky make sure that you wash it off right after the procedure.
- You can also mix amla juice and lime juice. These two juices, when put together, nourish and replenish the hair follicles and facilitate hair growth. You do not need to boil or cook this mixture. All you need to do is to extract the juices from their respective sources and apply them on your hair along with the shampoo that you use.
- Rosemary has properties believed to stimulate hair growth in individuals suffering from minor hair loss. When mixed with rich olive oil, it can be massaged lavishly into the hair, moisturizing the scalp and serving as an excellent conditioner. Mix together two tbsp. of dried rosemary with 1/2 cup of olive oil and heat it gently but do not bring it to a boil. Once the mixture is cooled completely, allow the mixture to sit for one to three days to become infused with the rosemary’s essential oils. Pour the mixture through a piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter, then into a clean bottle. Massage the oil into your scalp after shampooing and before going to bed. Cover your head with a plastic cap or bag, then shampoo again in the morning.
- Rubbing your scalp with your fingers is also said to be a good way of controlling hair loss. Once you have washed your hair, rub your scalp vigorously with your fingers until heat is generated in that area. This helps in increasing blood circulation and subsequently hair growth.
- Jalapeno peppers are used routinely in Mexico to prevent hair loss by stimulating new follicle growth. One large jalapeno pepper is chopped finely and blended in 1/2 cup of vodka, then allowed to sit for several days. After the mixture has been infused with the peppers, strain the vodka and discard the peppers. Stir two tbsp. of Castor oil into the mixture and pour into a clean container. Massage a small amount into the scalp before going to bed in the evening and cover the head to protect bed linens. The peppers and vodka will make the scalp tingle, and the oil will nourish dry skin. Be careful not to touch the face or eyes after handling the jalapeno; it will cause intense burning. Make sure you wash your hands after preparing it.
- This plant is recognized because of its soothing and cleansing effect. It’s very efficient in promoting growth of hair. Cut off a few rosemary sprigs and then boil them on water for about two to three minutes. Cool it down and use the water to wash your scalp and hair. Leave the solution for five to ten minutes and rinse off.
- You must eat loads of green vegetables and fruits. They help to improve health and body stamina. When you intake juices that are obtained from lettuce and spinach, your body absorbs the nutrients and vitamins that help to assist hair growth.